- Founding partner of Saatchi and Saatchi
- Co-founded Bartle Bogle Hegarty
- D&AD President’s Award for outstanding achievement
- US AAF Hall of Fame
- Awarded a knighthood for services to advertising and creative industries
- Recipient of the first Lion of St Mark award
- John has written 2 books on Creativity
- Co-founded The Garage Soho
About Sir John Hegarty
Creative and Founder
He was a founding partner of Saatchi and Saatchi in 1970. And then TBWA in 1973. He founded Bartle Bogle Hegarty in 1982 with John Bartle and Nigel Bogle. The agency now has 7 offices around the world. He has been given the D&AD President’s Award for outstanding achievement and in 2014 was admitted to the US AAF Hall of Fame.
John was awarded a Knighthood by the Queen in 2007 and was the recipient of the first Lion of St Mark award at the Cannes Festival of Creativity in 2011. John has written 2 books, ‘Hegarty on Advertising - Turning Intelligence into Magic’ and ‘Hegarty on Creativity - there are no rules’.
In 2014 John co-founded The Garage Soho, a seed stage Venture Capital fund that believes in building brands, not just businesses.